Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Update of Sorts...

Ok, so much happened last week, I need to give somewhat of a blow by blow update


Tony - We haven’t talked since our fight. No text messages, no phone calls. I’m on the fence about it. On one hand I don’t give a F, but on the other hand I want to “close” the chapter, because I don’t want any random text messages or calls to surface later. I guess I don’t really have anything to say to him, but since we have a habit of running into each other, I don’t want it to be awkward...


Mr. Henry - He called me a few times last week and yesterday. I still haven’t seen him since his death, sometime in October. Yesterday he asked me if I still had company. I told him yes. Then he was like “oh, I was going to see if you wanted to come over”. I told him even if they were gone, I couldn’t move after being up and outside in the cold all day. We talked a few more minutes and hung up. Even if I DO decide to see his stupid ass (I know that’s not nice), it won’t be at his place or mine. It will have to be in a public place, with lots of people around...


Brian - Brian met me and some of my friends out on Friday night. We had a freakin’ ball. Then Sunday night he and I went out, we are two peas in a pod, can’t get enough of hanging out!!! We had fun. I didn’t make it home till about 3:30am. Our plans are set for Jamaica. Sunday he told me I’m going to see a different side of him, that I never seen before.

Me: Oh, lord, you mean it gets worse?
Brian: All, I’m saying, is I’m gonna have fun
Me: What happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica

I decided, that even if he tries to, no matter how hard it is (no pun intended), I can’t/won’t/will not go there with him...wish me luck...he’s still sexy to me...



The Old Man - So I had family to come in (and are still here) for the Inauguration. I told the Old Man this, and told him, I probably won’t be able to hang out with him. Wednesday of last week, we made plans to hang out on Friday (with my family of course).

Old Man: What did you tell them about me?
Me: Nothing
Old Man: Well what will they say when we hang out? Who is Mr. Benjamin? What will you tell them bout us?
Me: What did you tell your sons about me?
Old Man: I don’t talk to my sons...
Me: Well then, there’s nothing to tell them. We’re just hanging out. I think it’s about time for another talk of sorts...
Old Man: You’re right

Friday night my family got in, and they didn’t feel like hanging out. So I made plans with some friends and Brian, but I told the Old Man everyone was tired (I was, it WASN’T totally a lie) and that they didn’t want to go out and lets hang out on Saturday. He kept saying how he wanted to spend time with me, I told him he knew I may not get a chance to see him with me having company, but we’ll all hang out on Saturday.

Saturday comes around, we talk, and I tell him our plans. We’re going to hang out in an area with a lot of clubs and bars, and we are going to start at this club that’s free and was advertising free drinks for an hour. And if we aren’t having fun, we’ll leave and go somewhere else. It just depended on what my family wanted to do. He tells me to have fun.

Me: What you’re not coming?
Old man: No, I told you I wasn’t
Me: You told me you wanted to hang out
Old Man: You said you didn’t know what you guys were doing
Me: Yes I did. I told you we’re going to hang out at a club...ok, whatever. Bye.

Halfway through the night, the Old Man texts me to see how the club is, and if we are having fun. I text him back to tell him, I’m disappointed that he didn’t want to hang out with us. He texts me back and says I’ll feel better later...whatever that means.

When we get home that night after hanging out at three different clubs, there’s a bag on my porch (that says Happy Birthday). Inside the bag is a wrapped gift and a card that simply reads “Kitten”. I get inside and open it up. It’s the book I wanted. ( I LOVE PRINCE) I text him and tell him thank you, that it’s late and I’ll call him.

I call him the next afternoon letting my gratitude rain down on him.

Me: Thank you so much honey, you didn’t have to do that. Stop buying me stuff. You already paid for dinner and the spa. My birthday is over.
Old Man: I told you I wasn’t done with you, it was all part of the plan. That’s why I wanted to see you on Friday...so I could give you the gift at the “Prince” party
Me: Awee, that’s so sweet, but I don’t want you to buy me anything else. Ok?
Old Man: Well I have one more thing planned for you.

10 comments:

Shawn Smith said...

Sounds like someone has plans....

Good luck with the Jamaica trip. We all know that when you run out of ideas, there is that one thing left that you can do for fun....

love&nappyness said...

soooo i'm clearly missin gout on a huge inside joke re: henry's death!!! i was like whaaa???

and you are playing with the old man girl!!! i feel bad for him !

but gooo brian!

Anonymous said...

This blog needs to be an HBO series. I would most want to see the belly dancer episode.

Anonymous said...

wow the old man is falling. be careful with that one.

i was wondering what you were up to.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ Shawn - who Brian? Plans with me? naaaawwww. I don't think he meant it that way...

@Love&Nappyness - Mr. H, was a jackass, and didn't come through for me back in October, so I 'killed" him from the line-up, but he has a way of coming back like the plague...we have a long history together, I'll blog about it tomorrow. In terms of the Old Man, I really don't think I'm playing him. Tonight we talked about the gift thing again...and his words were that's what he does for friends...I asked him if he does that for other friends and he said yes...I dunno. I told him it was too much...he asked me if anyone has ever went all out for my b-day and I told him no...But in "our" defense we have known each other for almost a year (it wll be a year sometime next month)

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ anonymous - You just wanna see the belly dancer huh??? LOL... well the Old Man enjoyed her :)

@MLM - I don't think he's falling. After my family leaves we have a date, and we plan to "TALK", will let ya know how it goes...

Anonymous said...

You want Tony. Seems you keep making reasons to keep him around when you manage to 'kill' off others easily.

The Old Man is killing ME. Just reading about how this guy is making a mockery of himself is depressing.

Concerning Brian: I think you two will get it in on the island of jamaica. Let me know how that fried shark sandwich tastes, it looked good on the travel channel.

BlkBond

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

The Old Man....aweee, you gotta love him....he’s so sweet

Brian is “Out there” we didn’t do it in Miami (MN is a bitch) but now that I know him, I think it’s easier to pass. In the beginning he used to flirt heavily, and do the occasional ass grab, but he never followed through...now we are just friends...who like to party...he’s my (pb) party buddy...

P.O.W said...

Brian's gay. Yeah I said it. All the chances he's had and no nooky. He said you are gonna see another side of him.....the gay side. LOL

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@Dani believe me, he's not gay...