Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When's The Last Time You've Been Tested???

- April 28th, 2010 - I'm negative for everything under the sun, including BS and I have proof -Diva

I remember in high school we took this health seminar, that was kind of a "scare you straight" moment. They showed graphic detailed pictures of every disease imaginable. I crossed my legs & vowed to keep my muffin box locked.
Well college happened, and let's just say, I shared my muffin a few times....but those pictures always lingered in my thoughts....which had me paranoid (even when I used prophylactics) so paranoid, that I decided to go cold turkey for long periods of time.

Last week the CDC released another HIV Study. It boggles me, how people are still getting the itchies, with all of the PSA's, posters, free condoms, etc. going on... Ummm here are a few DC specific stats:



  • D.C.’s AIDS rate is higher than that of any U.S. state. DC AIDS rate is approximately 10 times that of the U.S. in general.
  • D.C.’s AIDS rate is higher than these major cities: Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, Detroit, and Chicago.
  • From 2004 to 2008, 3,312 new AIDS cases were diagnosed in D.C. African-Americans accounted for 86 percent of those cases.
  • More people in D.C. are testing positive for HIV: From 2004 to 2008, the “number of persons testing positive” for HIV in D.C. increased by 353 percent, from 246 in 2004 to 1,115 in 2008. (via Wash City Paper)
                                                                                                         
Moral of the stats - WRAP it up or keep your snakes caged & muffin boxes closed

6 comments:

Diva Style said...

Great PSA! LOVE IT!! I'm all about safety. I will gladly show someone my paperwork and ask to see theirs in return! Sex is good, but not that good! Forreal!

spchrist said...

I agree with this PSA too.

Anonymous said...

I get tested about every six months (paranoid). Hey did I ever tell you I'm pregnant. Been meaning to send you an e-mail. So of course that means I've been tested recently.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ Diva & spchrist - thanks...funny though, no one ever wants to "hear" the PSA... or rather, read it...oh well...that's why I keep my muffin safe & warm, in her own easy bake oven...

@ MLM - WOW....Just wow! I had no idea, congrats. We gotta catch up

achoiceofweapons said...

WOW! That is totally nuts! (No Pun or buns intended) Seriously our overall health and sexual health is too important to neglect. Here's to being safe, responsible and healthy!

achoiceofweapons said...

Good PSA!