Friday, November 6, 2009

60 days...

I can’t believe it! Two months until I officially leave behind my twenties. I’ve been feeling a little bit excited, nostalgic, and moody about it all. Actually, the age, rather word thirty, doesn’t quite scare me, as I don’t look a day over 25! However, the looming day ahead, has me analyzing my life and all of the things I have done, and haven’t done for that matter. I’ll admit, I have been somewhat of a slacker the last few years as it pertains to working, my career, and long-term life goals. I put a lot of that aside for partying and traveling the last few years. I do not regret it. Let me repeat that. I do not regret it.

The only thing I wish I was better at is saving, which I plan on being more diligent about. But well the partying and drinking, ehhh, I’m still in my twenties, and for me your 20’s (and ahem early thirties) are for partying and figuring life out. Maybe I’m pushing it a little, but you can’t change my mind on that.

I recently got back into the gym, because I want to bring in thirty with a BIG fabulous party and little sexy party dress, so I am cutting down on my extracurricular activities of vodka. Well I already started cutting down. Besides, I’ve been getting a bit bored lately with going out. I ventured out Wednesday night & last night, and have plans for tonight, but am thinking of “chilling”.

Speaking of “chilling”, guess who called me last night? (ok, not really related) The news broke on twitter first. Brian. I was in the shower and heard my phone. I thought it was a chick friend of mine calling me because I hadn’t made it to the watering hole yet. Instead it was him. I deleted his number in September because, our last conversation left me on the fence about our “friendship” ever being the same. Needless to say, I didn’t e-mail or call him, and lo-and behold, a missed call from his area code.

Speaking of out the blue calls/texts/flair messages and I miss you letters, I’ve been receiving quite a few of those lately. What is it with past flings re-surfacing? The saying holds true. "You never miss a good thing until it’s gone."

9 comments:

iloveketa said...

everytime i read you, i think we are the same girl

Anonymous said...

hey 60 days let me see i have like 90 days left before i leave korea. so much to do so little time. i'm only 28. i was freaking at 26. anywho, did you call him back?

Crystal Monae said...

Let me be the first to pre-welcome you to the 30's club Diva. Our motto is...well I guess we don't have one but I am willing to bet that you can come up with a good one!

Chaotically Calm said...

Hey Diva,

So I hate when you leave us in suspense like this...you'd be an awesome mystery movie writer. Anywho did you call Brian back?

And let's not talk about 30...everyday I see evidence of my blissful twenties slipping away but like you I don't look a day over 25 hence my last b-day being 25 for the third time, LMAO!!!

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Wow MLM, doesn't it seem like it went by so quick...

@ Crystal. Thanks. I'm sure the 30's are fabulous... I think the 30's club is something like thirty & flirty or something like that...

@Chaotically, I think we are supposed to grow up by the time 30 hits...I lost the memo. Actually, it probably won't be much different than 29.


Oh & no, I haven't talked to him. He can wait.

achoiceofweapons said...

Ok, this is out the blue. I haven't commented in a while. I missed you too!
Now, keep the past in the past! There's a reason they in there! Dig?

spchrist said...

I turned 30 in style this year...visiting six cities in a 2 month span and partying with all my friends. Might do it again for the big 40.

Journey said...

Damn...30? You are old!

sike naw...Thirty and looking 25 is whats up. Thats how I like em ;)...Ripe to perfection.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Oh Mr Jaycee, I've missed you too love, blog brother! I dig

Welcome Spchrist. I like the thought of traveling. Trying to figure it out, since I've been on 7vacations this year alone. I'm thing a little Jamaican fun, cause, well I heart Jamaica...I may also venture to Puerto Rico

Journey, way to redeem yourself! Yes, I am like great vodka. Everyone loves it, or rather me!



Ummmmm, 30 will be fabulous. But I'm gonna finish 29 first