Monday, January 5, 2009

Pre-birthday ... (Part 1 of 2)

I love celebrating birthdays...I don't know why, I guess because mine falls right after the holidays and as a child, I always got slighted on my b-day, be it snow, funds, or having to go back to school, I never seemed to get a b-day party, b-day presents, or b-day fun...so as of late (the last 8 years), I guess I have been trying to make up for it, hence the reason I am so excited about it right now...

The Old Man has been planning all kinds of birthday fun. He's just as excited about my birthday (maybe TOO excited) as I am. He said he's sending me to the Spa, we are going to a restaurant that I've been wanting to go to with Belly Dancers, he's planned some other things as well...one problem-o, or maybe two or three, I don't want to spend my WHOLE b-day week with him. I have a lot of options, and some of them, he doesn't necessarily fit into....point being, he doesn't like clubs, or going to clubs with the type of music I like to dance to. I know he will do it this week if I ask him to, but it will kind of put a cramp in my style....just a little bit. Plus....well....this may seem wrong....but.... I want to flirt and dance with OTHER guys. I don't want him to be all up under me the whole night....so, this MAY REALLY seem wrong, but I'm having a birthday party on Saturday, and did NOT invite him.

I thought about it, long and hard. I've mulled it over, slept on it, and decided not to tell him about it, although he's trying to make Saturday plans for me as I type this..... a bit of a problem here.....


In Other News

Last night Mr. Henry and I had one of our longest conversations since I killed him. He asked me about my trip, we talked about some other random stuff, and he asked me if I wanted to go out to a lounge tomorrow for my birthday (after my birthday dinner with "friends"). I told him, I'll let him know, that I have to go to work on Wednesday, and that I'm having a b-day party this weekend, so I may not go out tomorrow (actually I'm not sure how long me & the Old Man will be together, and don't want to rush dinner just to hang out with Mr. Henry)...he said he may come by the party to drop a gift off....not holding my breath on this one, he didn't show up last year and didn't even call me on the Big Day, which caused me to not talk to him for about a month or two....see the pattern here....that's why I SHOULD NOT deal with him....

My Jamaican friend also called me last night to make sure I made it back ok. He's a sweetheart, but I'm not a long distance type of girl, so, the calling, texting, and trying to keep in touch thing is going to get old REAL quick...especially since he's international, and calling rates are like $2.00 a minute...so we will NOT be talking, unless he calls me... I will admit, we had a nice date my last night there...from walking along the "Hip Strip" in Montego Bay, to relaxing at a little Jazz spot; it was a romantic, cute little date...

Part 2...to be continued

1 comment:

My True Essence said...

Hey Diva. Welcome back!!!