“I only like two kinds of men, domestic and imported” - Mae West
I’ve said before how much I love men... all types. Well men (and some women) love me too! I had a pretty eventful Friday. I ended up hanging solo. P.A.T.T. backed out at the last minute & Brian went home for his daughter’s birthday, while other chick friends were out of town or missing in action.
Side Note: Pre-Brian and Post P.A.T.T. leaving for NY, I used to hang out quite often solo. Chick friends come up with so many excuses, i.e. “I’m cramping”, “My head hurts”, “I don’t have anything to wear” or my favorite “It’s raining”. So rather than sit at home and wait for someone to stop being wishy washy...I fly solo when needed, but I digress...
So anyways, Friday was... well here’s what happened.
5. I went to a Brazilian dance party in Adams Morgan. Tons of fun, and somehow, the island men always sniff me out. They assume I’m 1) from the islands and 2) don’t believe me when I tell them, I was homegrown in the States...in any case, this island guy was Old. Caused me to have not so yummy flashbacks of the Old Man. After shaking him and his entourage loose, I bar hopped to my next spot...
4. Stumbled upon another bar with cool music. Chatted with people. Everyone that I meet when I’m solo, is in such “awe and amazement” that I have the balls (figuratively speaking) to go out solo (Diva style). Most of the girls say they wish they could do that, and the guys, just think it’s pretty cool, and give me cool points.
3. Went back to the Brazilian dance party...(the lead singer was cute...couldn’t help it)
2. After consuming my max on vodka & limes, I walked past a food spot that looked good. Stopped in and got a sandwich. As I’m sitting there this chick tells me how good my sandwich looks. Thinking nothing of it, I go on to adamantly exclaim, how it’s “sooooooo good”. Then she stairs at me a little longer:
Chick Girl: Yeah, you’re making that sandwich look soooo good
Me: (wiping the extra sandwich sauce from chin, cause it was messy) Yea, it’s really good, you should get one. It’s chicken
Chick Girl: (walks over to me, looks at sandwich) Yeah, it’s sexy. You’re making me hungry
Me: (I’m still eating)
Chick Girl: Can I have a bite?
Chick Girl: (laughing) what’s in it? Are you alone?
I tell her. Her male friend/cousin/ whoever comes and intervenes (saves me) and talks to me. This isn’t the first time a chick girl has “flirted” with me. I wonder though, don’t gay men & lesbians have “Straight-dars”. I know I have a “Gay-dar” (Disclaimer: Sometimes it doesn’t function properly, you know, mistakes straight for gay & vice versa). In any case, I’m comfortable enough in my womanhood, where it didn’t bother me....but I have to wonder...what the hell was she thinking? Oh well...I guess I’m flattered men & women like me (I think)...
1. Tony and I talked on the phone all night Friday.