Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Date With the Old Man

If only Benjamin were 25 years younger, we could have great fun together. The fact that he's on the verge of drinking prune juice through a feeding tube and is only a few years away from sponge baths, is really bothering me. I try to look past the age factor but I can't. He doesn't look that old, which helps. His mannerisms however, are quite different from mine. I will say this though, we like a lot of the same things.

We both are passionate about music and dancing. He's a great salsa dancer. He plays drums for fun. He likes to travel. He enjoys life. He's generally happy 95% of the time we talk. He's always down to try something new. He exercises a lot.

But the 800 lb gorilla in the room is definitely our age difference.

Tonight we went out to continue his “pre-birthday” celebration and had a great time.

We went to my favorite lounge, which was sort of a mistake on my part. I like the guys that go there and I think this waiter that works there is gorgeous. Every time I go there I shamelessly feel him up and tell him just how sexy I think he is. I couldn’t do that tonight! I did stare him down a couple of times…

Other than that, the old man and I had fun. The live music was great; also I was proud of myself. I didn’t look at the other younger hot guys as much. I tried to focus on Benjamin as much as possible; I even told the bartender it was his birthday and had cupcakes with candles bought out. He blew out all three with the help from the girl next to us who sat in his lap, which he thoroughly enjoyed!!!

At the end of the night, he took me home and gave me a kiss. He did not leave a trail of slobber like D.J. It wasn’t bad at all…if only he were 25 years younger…

No comments: