Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Operation New Guy: I Forget What Day

Operation New Guy.....ehhh, not getting the quality....just the corny & pure torture. The one who had the most potential...Danny, well he’s lacking conversational skills. Actually, all of them are.

Monday night, was pure torture....I mean, forget water boarding, if you really want to torture someone, have them to talk to some of the Lame’s I’ve been meeting. The guy that said he wants to get a pedicure with me.... “JB”. He sent me a series of text messages Sunday & Monday. Since, he couldn’t seem to stop texting me, I told him to call me later on. Like clockwork, I received a call from him...madness.

First, he’s a bit of a stutterer. Actually, it’s more like he takes looooonnnng pauses and says the same thing over. What would normally be a 15 minute conversation, turned into 30 minutes of unadulterated torture. Aside from that, he’s another guy, who has never, ever, ever lived outside of Maryland. Moving from Baltimore to Rockville was the highlight of his 30 something years. And traveling. When I asked him if he likes to travel. He said "yeah, when I go to Chicago, I don't just go to the city, I go to the parts people don't tell you about." WTF?

Can I please meet someone with a passport and a few stamps......

5 comments:

Tunde said...

ahhh don't fault him for stuttering. i used to stutter bad as a child (before my mom beat it out of me). oh yeah people do need to get out of their state and see the country/world. its an eye opener.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

It wasn't stuttering, it was more like taking bathroom breaks, then coming back to the phone...

I get a little toung twisted & toung tied sometimes, especially, if I'm nervous...but this wasn't the case...

Cheekie said...

"He said "yeah, when I goe to Chichago, I don't just go to the city, I go to the parts people don't tell you about." WTF?"

AHAHAHAHA! He's so cultured!

Journey said...

stamps? The way you describe these dudes, I will be surprised if they even have a passport.

DC is a cultured city, so you should expand your dating circle. All my dudes on their second passport book.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ Cheekie...I know! Highlight of his life

@ Journey - trust me, I do it all. From networking happy hours, to plays, to hanging out with friends, speed dating, malls, bars, wine tastings, the list goes on.....you'd be surprised! I will say this though, keep your fingers crossed....there's a new prospect!!!