Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Date, A Tool & A Funeral (Part 1 of 2)

My weekend was ALMOST painful, not in a sexy good way, either. It started off well. Thursday night, I put a little culture in my life, and went and seen a play. Friday night, typical night of hanging with Brian. Saturday...this is where the pain began...

Saturday, I woke-up extremely early, after a night of drinking with Brian...I don’t know why, but my body refuses to sleep past 9am after a night of vanilla vodka, even with a dose of Tylenol PM. Did my usual Saturday errands. Since there was so much traffic and a ton of tourists, IMF protestors, and just plain, "we’re so happy it’s nice outside traffic", I decided to change my date plans with James (the potential replacement), plus I needed a recovery nap. Our original plan was to make wine at 4:00pm; I called him around 1:00pm to see if he was opposed to changing our plans to something else. He was all for it, because he wanted to partake in a soccer game. So the new plan venturing to a Hookah bar at 8pm. (my suggestion since I’ve never been).

He informed me that he was going to take the Metro into the city to avoid the parking problems of Adams Morgan, and that he would call me when he was on his way. He called a few minutes before 8, literally a few.

Me: Did you leave yet?

James: No I just got done playing soccer. I’m on my way home to take a shower. It’s raining here. Do you want to do a movie instead?

Me: Ummm, like what? There’s not anything out I really want to see.

James: Do you want to see Obsessed.

Me: No, I don’t care for Beyonce (gasp). I’ll check the showtimes & call you back.

I called him back and told him there wasn’t anything I was particularly feeling, after more discussion, we decided to stick to the hookah plans. He finally gets into the city around 10pm. After picking him up from the Metro, I drive a few blocks to our destination & circle forever in search of a parking spot. After almost giving up, we find one & head to the hookah bar. There’s a 20 minute wait. By this time, it’s a little after 11pm. Brian sends me a text to see how it’s going.

After James & I find a bar sans hookah, I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. I text Brian back.

I return, and James and I chat for awhile, I have a drink, we share fries...everything is going ok...
We leave and decide to walk around for a bit. We find another hookah bar, that has space available. We sit and try it out. By this time it's after 1am. Thus far into the date, my feelings on him are luke warm. For example, he really didn't dress "nicely" for a first date. He also said a few other things that I wasn't particularly jumping up and down about (i.e. marriage & 3 kids...that's not first date talk). We leave the bar, and he asks me if I want to head back to the first hookah bar, that was booked. We do. He then asks me if I want a shot.

Me: No

Him: Come on just one

Me: Naaa, not, really...well. ok, just one.

He orders 4 shots!!!

Me: Who's taking those? I said one. I'm not drinking more than that.

Him: Ok, I'll take the 3.

After he takes the three shots back to back, to back. He then informed me, that while I was in the ladies room at the first place, he took a shot. At this point, I'm ready to go. It's late, I'm tired, I'm not impressed with him...and in ANY moment, he's going to be feeling the shots. (I see where this is going) We leave and make the hike back to my truck. By this time it's a few minutes after 2. I drive towards the Metro. When we get there, he lingers in the truck. He looks at the clock...

Him: Oh, man!!! I think my bus stopped running.

Me: Are you sure?

Him: Yeah, I think it stops at 2am.

Me: Well the buses usually run late. I thought you drove to the Metro and took the Metro in?

Him: No, I took the bus to the Metro. In fact, I'm pretty sure it stopped running.

Me: Can you check???

(he pulls his phone out and PRETENDS to go online & check)

Him: It stopped at 2am.

Me: Well what are you going to do? Can you take a cab from the Metro to your place? (At this point I'm ready for him to get the F out)

Him: No, I live in the burbs. Man, I'm sooo sorry. I can't believe this. Don't you live close by?

Me: Yes

Him: We can go to your place, and I'll sleep on the floor. It's soooo late.

Me: No, I'll drop you off.

Him: But it's late, I don't want you on the road this late. I live far, and we are just a few minutes from your place...


To Be Continued....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok
i don't know what i would have said. i might have snapped by that point. i would have tried to get gangsta just b/c i could. lol nawh i would have said the same thing you did and been easy. i swear good thing you had a car.

Skoolboi Krush said...

He's a lame. Ditch him.

Candice said...

First time commenter.

He is THE worse! That was so lame! LOL.

Can't wait for part 2.

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Trust me guys...I was pissed...beyond pissed

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Welcome Candice...

Cheekie said...

"Him: But it's late, I don't want you on the road this late. I live far, and we are just a few minutes from your place..."

You know how you say "Hell naw" in that way where it starts off quiet and then fades into a louder tone. Like, "Heeeeeeeellllllllll naaaaaaaw". That's what I thinking after reading the above.

Mofo, you ain't slick. Or...is...he? Off to read part 2.

Journey said...

I have a feeling where this is going...wheres part two? lol

Chaotically Calm said...

Had to stop to read the comments before going to part two. I can see where this is going though, guys at times are soooo predictable.....