Monday, March 2, 2009

My Sunday With Mr. Henry

So Mr. Henry and I hung out all day on Sunday. We started downtown, and went bar hopping, we headed to Dupont Circle for more bars, stopped at a sports store, popped into a toy store, stumbled upon a strip club (it was not intentional), and went to dinner. We ended the night at my place and woke up to a semi-snow storm. So, throughout our DC Sunday adventures, we talked, kissed and talked.

I’ve come to realize something yesterday. We’ve know each other for almost 10 years now. Gosh, almost 10 years!!! That’s a decade. You’d think we’d move on and stop this sham. Well, I guess it’s not a sham, but when I think about it, the way I thought about it yesterday...I always come to the same conclusion. I love him...but as a friend. Just like I love Chuck, Brian, my brother, well I love my brother more if I had to quantify it. So yes, I love Mr. Henry....as a friend. I’m not “IN” love with him. I can’t see wedding bells and reception parties in our future...so why do I still hang out with him???

I dunno. I haven’t gotten that far yet...

6 comments:

P.O.W said...

Call me crazy and I know I'm goona be tarred and feathered but I like Mr. Henry. There is history there and comfort. I think he cares for you but doesn't know how to handle a woman that is strong enough not to need him. Keep your eyes in him. Things might change...

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Ok, Crazy!

Uhhh, the chemistry isn't there anymore...I care for him, but I can't see myself "happily ever after" with him, the white picket fence, and pug. He'll always have a speacial place in my heart, but I'm just not feeling it.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Do not be worry about date, if you are interested in dating we provide an excellent solution of dating, do not be late just review our our site....

Cheekie said...

I used to think Mr. Henry was the top-dawg as far as chemistry, but then Brian took over in that department.

I feel you pulling farther and farther away from Mr. Henry.

But yeah, I think you still hang with him BECAUSE he has a special place in your heart. You like being around him, but not necessarily the way you used to.

Anonymous said...

Have you and Mr. Henry every done the deed. If not, why don't you upgrade him from "friend" to "friend with benefits"?

You don't have to marry the guy, just a sample will do. Keep it light.

KBB

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ Cheekie - we have history....too much, but yeah, Brian kind of slid in there... and we haven't even "been there"...

@KBB - you must not have read the history of Mr. Henry....we've had so much sex with each other, we should be inducted into the sex olympic hall of fame...j/k....but you get it now....he was my fwb, he got demoted, and now he might be promoted again....if no other better options surface soon