Wednesday, March 11, 2009

He Took It Like A Champ

Damn, the hardest thing I had to do this year, just happened about....uhhh 5 minutes ago. It was probably harder than standing in the ring with Laila Ali...but in the end, I feel lighter... and I think he took it like a champ....I think.

I didn't necessarily want to have the conversation over the phone, but I didn't want to do it in person either. He called me around 8 something, I was busy. I called him back around 10:30p, he said he had to call me back.

The conversation took about 11 minutes...I really didn't know what to say. Although I was playing the monologue in my head all day, when it came down to it, I forgot my lines, I was like a dear caught in headlights, getting ready to be someones dinner...so it just came out...not like I rehearsed it, but none-the-less, I think he got the point.

Round 1

Me: Uhhhhhh.

Old Man: You said you needed to talk

Me: Yes, about that...

Old Man: Just spill it

Me: (in my head: "SHIT"!): Well, I've been thinking about it lately, and Sunday solidified it, I want a relationship, but I'm not sure that's something you're ready for ( just a little white lie). I know this is pretty heavy, and loaded, and we probably should've had this conversation in person, but if I didn't say it now, I wouldn't have (true)

Old Man: Well we can still have it in person.

Me: No

(Round 1 Draw)


Round 2:

Me: Are you surprised?

Old Man: No, I knew this is what it was going to be about, either us being together or us being apart, and it's timing is perfect. We've been seeing each other for awhile now, and maybe it's time to progress, you're special to me

Me: Uhhh (speechless)

(Round 2, winner by a slim margin, the Old Man)


Round 3:

Me: I need my space

Old Man: OK? you need your space?

Me: Yes, I have a lot going on, and I haven't been myself, and I do want a relationship, I'm just not sure it would be right between us. So just give me some time to sort things out

Old Man: So do you want me to call you?

Me: No, I'll call you...

(Round 3, winner by a TKO....me!) Ok, maybe not really, but, I think he got the point. I'm free at last, free at last!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
well ok. i didnt expect any less

Cheekie said...

LMFAO (and I should be doing this because he seems to really like you, but LMFAO!!!)

Unless he's been living under a rock that's under a mountain, "No, I'll call you" should be pretty clear. It's Hollywood-speak and date-speak for "DISSED!".

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

He's old school, so, I'm not sure what he's thinking...I just am tired of them all....I need a new start

Journey said...

For some reason I dont think he will give up easily. He actually thought you were bringing him good news about progressing. Poor fellow. lol

Tunde said...

somehow even though you said you'll call him, he'll find some reason to call you. its not over. be strong. lol.

favorisntfair said...

Girlllll, you making room for a new dream team! Go on head with ya bad self...lol. But umm yeah, I'ma need him to get the point and get moving.

P.O.W said...

Damn! That was harsh. but I agree with everuone else. Its not over. He's ol' skool, He'll call

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Gosh, you guys are so optimistic ;) j/k

@ Christin - LOL a new dream team uh?

@ everyone - I think he was hanging on so long cause he thought he was gonna get some "goodies"

BlkBond said...

Finally. This guy has been dying a slow death everytime I check you out.
I dunno about knockout status; I think the fight was stopped due to excessive bleeding.

Check out my 3 part to see how it's done (wink).

Chaotically Calm said...

LMAO he's gonna call even though you told him not to call...TKO my tushie ha ha!!!

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

@ BlkBond & Chaotically - It WAS a TKO..., fine it was a KO, but TKO sounded better