Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Love Him, But I'm Not "IN" Love With Him...

After 10 and a half months of avoiding his advances, flirtations, out-right attempts to get me in his clutches...I must say, I am pretty proud I avoided him for that long. In the past, we would have fell back into the same routine much more quickly. Technically speaking I didn’t give in, but I know I am eating the words I uttered, when I said Mr. Henry could never see the light of my muffin ever again in his lifetime.

With the extinction of Klein, and school, and me being in a place of where I don’t know if I am ready to commit to another relationship, it only seemed natural that Mr. H could gain re-entry into my box. (I know, I know)

I will say that right now the strong can’t breathe emotions & sentiment that I once felt for him are not there. However, it seems as if we will always have this unspoken silent bond. We are magnetically linked to each other - we don’t have to say anything to each other, yet we know...we know exactly what it is we can’t say outloud.

10 comments:

Tunde said...

hmmm interesting. that's all for now.

Scarlett said...

"We are magnetically linked to each other" - I think in the medical community we call this "horny". ;-)

Chaotically Calm said...

Hey Chica, I kind of saw this coming. All too often we fall back on that ole thing because well it's that ole thing and we're comfortable with it. We know how it works and what it's worth so we just go back. I am a victim of this.

Side note, I can feel the whole not ready to be in a relationship but don't give up on them entirely. Oh and I agree with Scarlett :-)

P.O.W said...

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. -St. Augustine

I eas bored LOL

Anonymous said...

hey hey
that old thang is better than new drunk and whack. = )

miss ya! been mia with the young lion.

Anonymous said...

p.s. look at pow getting all deep

www.maledecoded.com said...

I use to live in DC and DC men are st8 crazyyyyyy... you will be single girl, if those are your only options...

lol

http://male-decoded.blogspot.com

Ms. Minx said...

Ma'am, since you're presumably hecka busy with "Real life", I just wanted to wish you a wonderful New Year! I'm sure you'll be doing it big tonight :)

DC DIVA DATING ADVENTURES said...

Hey loves, sorry I've been MIA for so long. Missed you guys! I promise I will take shorter breaks!!!

TML said...

LMBO@ Scarlett yes i agree. That magnetic link is HORNY. And I also agree with P.O.W. that is what true love is. me personally im good and tired of the whole falling in love thing its very draining.